Thursday, January 5, 2017

Scientology & Leah Remini

I think one of the best ways to politely address how emotions can cause a physical crisis comes by watching Leah Remini's work exposing the uncomfortable truths of living as a Scientologist.

She is humble - having expressed that she didn't WANT to know that she had wasted so much of her life promoting something so destructive. She recognizes that coming to understand Scientology as harmful hurt the people she cared most for because that was their culture - it was who they were and what they thought and where they occupied their when and why they did their how.

I haven't discussed Scientology with a Scientologist in years, but I UNDERSTAND the people in Leah's documentary. I'm currently 'disconnected' from some people because I couldn't tolerate the intolerable. If those people understood, I am confident they would have agreed with me, but I didn't have the ability while disabled and in Crisis Management to sell reality to people convinced that the existence of my physical disability proved I had committed moral crimes making me unworthy of even seeking help from others to meet the basic medical needs of my children. I will continue to hurt for the people my intolerance of the intolerable hurt, but how do I make sense when I am restricting myself from publicly explaining details of what happened until 2020? I think Leah will help me with this.

aetv.com/aftermathletters

No comments:

Post a Comment