Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Buddhism

Buddhism was defined & lived/demonstrated for me by a Buddhist priest to the Spoiled Privileged Left-Brained Christian Gaijin who truly treated me as his daughter for three months while living with family in a Buddhist Temple.

Buddhism is all about searching for truth - not claiming to have found it.

One of my proudest moments is when D independently discovered enough about Buddhism to accuse me of being Buddhist. I have considered myself a closet Buddhist since living in that temple and continue to search for truth while living zen - which is basically the same as the serenity prayer.

Obviously, there are a lot of traditions and 'origins of life' beliefs that exist within the RELIGION of Buddhism, but I will always be watching for more glances of that elephant blind men can't see - and that makes me feel Buddhist.

No comments:

Post a Comment